Monday, August 24, 2009

Sickness but God is Good!

The last few weeks seem to be one battle with sickness after another! I've had a very annoying and consist ant cough for 5 weeks that still is fighting. It made it a big struggle to be at camp and try to talk with kids or to teach. I thought I was starting to get better just in time for David to get hit with a nasty cold last week, so I was able to do more of the teaching. I thought I might end up teaching most of it by myself. Instead, David started to get better and on Wednesday I was hit with a horrible sore throat that knocked me out, barely able to speak or swallow...so David was actually the one that had to teach two days of VBS by himself last week! I wish I could have seen him do the skit with Sheriff Do-Right and Cowboy Oops when he had to switch back and forth and do both parts! =]

Since my health card doesn't come until September 12th (so I don't have health coverage yet), I didn't want to go to the doctor. However, it was to the point that something had to be done! David took me into a walk-in clinic where you are required to pay $60+ to see the doctor if you don't have a health card. We explained the situation and were told that was the only option we had. After a 15 min wait (yahoo! not 1-3 hours like the ER!) I was seen by the doctor who gave me antibiotics after he told me my tonsils were "impressive". The really cool thing was that without my even asking, he asked about my situation and said we didn't have to pay! So, we're praising God for his care and provision! Yeah for a positive first time experience with the Canadian health care system!

So, day 4 on the drugs I'm slowly get better from strep throat/tonsillitis. The knives in the back of throat have shrunk from machetes to table knives and will hopefully be all gone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.