Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excavating!!!

NOTE: Please pray that the road restrictions will come off early so we can get things started!!!

I was THRILLED when David cleared more trees so that we can actually see sky from one side of our property through the trees, because our neighbor has a cleared field beyond the trees. Even though it made a lot more work for us (when we thought we were done clearing and hauling brush, it's definitely worth it!)
It is amazing to see a machine able to tear out stumps that seem impossible to take out. God provided a guy who has his heavy machinery ticket to drive the excavtor most of the time so a lot more was able to get done!

Heather and I had fun hauling logs and brush together while the boys played with the big machine. I did get to pull out a stump though!

We've now seen frogs, a black cap chickety, a butterfly, a squirrel and a salamander on our land! Thankfully we haven't seen any black flies yet...but we know they are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.