After staying overnight with the Gauchers (a French family) in Cochrane and getting acquainted with more of their family, I boarded the Polar Bear Express headed north to Moosonee. The ride was a little over 5 hours and quite bumpy as the frost is coming out of the ground now.
I was SO scared going into this trip- terrified to go alone, to find my way around, try to meet up with the right people, to know what to share in the Bible study I was asked to lead...the one good thing out of my fear is that I finally took it to the Lord and realized I couldn't do this on my own, it would only be in His strength! I am so amazed that He gave me peace before speaking last night. I had to laugh when I was introduced to the all Native church as "the little white lady".
It has been eye opening and heart breaking to see and hear about the problems that these communities face, especially the extremely high suicide rate. There are many young moms around too. I spent the day in Moose Factory with a pastor's family yesterday. Moose Factory is an island that you take a water taxi to and most everyone on the island is Native. I got to hear "How Great Thou Art" song in Cree yesterday! Very Cool!
Keep praying that God will open doors and the children will be eternally changed by Him!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.