I was excited when we came to this part because as I kid I learned how to screw down plywood floors when I helped with the gym construction at our church. Little did I know that one day I would be doing it for my own house!
A few days later the view has already changed! David and I put up the walls by ourselves. I didn't know such things were possible. Another scary experience was holding up the walls, hoping the wind doesn't pick up and push them over the edge before they were braced down. =]
This will be the view from the kitchen window!
This shows an eventual window (middle) and double door (right), off the living room. The big window is where the dining room will be.
Now that the walls are all up, the next project is the trusses! Yikes! David was excited that each one only weighs 135 pounds.
Do you like our fancy dining table?
How about the lovely kitchen?
I was always terrified of the grill, but I have finally overcome my fear and learned how to BBQ!!! I have now "cooked" hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and leftover casseroles. We got the neatest plate for a shower gift from Heather and Alex Walburg that you can use on the grill. I was waiting until we finally had a grill to try it out. It's amazing! We can expand our meals beyond hamburger and hot dogs now!
Here's a note we found on a board one day. What a cool guest book, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.