Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dining Room & Kitchen

 To finalize the "finished" parts of our house tour we arrive at the dining room, which opens to the living room and kitchen. I didn't know if I would like the high table originally, but I've come to really like it. I feel like I'm eating a restaurant now. I feel like I'm eating in a restaurant now.
 Besides the food, my favourite thing about eating now is the amazing view from our ginormous window.
 Off to the left you'll notice some cupboards just sitting on the floor. Eventually...someday...we hope to put in a counter below with the cabinets above. David has to build the lower cabinets using the extra doors from other places in the kitchen, so it's not as easy as just installing it. It'll take some creativity.
 One of the things I really enjoy about my new kitchen is having a pantry to store all our food!! Yay for David making shelves for me! I was always disgusted at storing our food under our sink in our apartment...but no more! I even have a spot for cleaning supplies.
 Next to the pantry is the "door to nowhere". Eventually it will lead out to a deck.
I really like the tile and how David laid it in a cool pattern for me.
 We are currently using the dishwasher spot for our industrial sized garbage can. We just heard that a dishwasher is in the works from David's parents! Yay for having a dishwasher after 4 years without one!!! We will be so spoiled! Now we just have to get a proper garbage can to go under the sink.
 In case you're wondering, the green countertop that came with our kijiji.com kitchen is eventually going to be replaced (hopefully sooner than later) and David will finish off the corner cabinet. Until then, I just try not to push things over to far. There's so much more counter space as it is that I don't mind waiting a little while.
 Thanks to David's mom for the loan/gift (whichever it ends up to be =]), of their marble slab cutting board. It fits perfectly in the empty spot over our drawer. Now I don't have as many crumbs falling into the top drawer.
 The view from the kitchen sink. Now don't you want to come and do dishes at my house?!

Sadly, the leaves are already starting to go. Since I took the picture last week and got it posted today, all of these pretty leaves are gone. =[ I don't want winter to come. Please don't let it come. Please! (Stacy you can have it all, really, I won't mind.0

We are so blessed to live in such a wonderful home that God has provided for us! We do not deserve his Goodness! The changing of the leaves each year reminds me of His faithfulness- every year that passes He still remains the same.

Thank you Lord for providing friends and family to come and help with some of our house building! We wouldn't be in our house if it weren't for their help alongside of David.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.