I have to say last week we had the most interesting visitor to Good News Club. Spencer was coming to teach and he asked if he could bring friend with him. "Uhh...well...he needs to have a police check and volunteer forms completed," David started to respond...
"Oh, not that kind of friend. He's a baby black squirrel," Spencer replied. A few days before, Spencer found the abandoned baby squirrel and began caring for him. Since the little squirrel needs to be fed every few hours, he needed to be able to feed him right before club and after. The squirrel was kept in a secure box in the basement away from the kids during club. However, at the end of club while waiting for parents to come, Spencer brought out his friend for "show and tell".
I have to admit, he really is a cute little squirrel and it made for a unique feature to show the kids! I'm not sure we'll plan to make this a weekly event, however.
| Spencer feeding the squirrel in our van on the way home |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.