Monday, October 26, 2009

American Musings


While we were in New York I made a list of the things that I noticed after "returning to the motherland". I guess it shows how shallow I can be.

There is:
-Yoplait Yogurt (yummm!!)
-Cartoned Milk
-We could use the top numbers on our spedmeter, that was wierd to use mph again...the speed limits are actually a bit faster than in Canada
-the sizes are HUGE, a small drink in the US is about a large in Canada
-things seemed much sweeter, like actually too sweet, I couldn't believe it
-way more drug and medical commercials
-Bic Black Pens, my favorite, trusty and cheap pens
-Plan-Ahead Day Planners, the kind I like and can't find the same format in Canada and it's cheaper too
-they sell Bibles, good Bibles in Wal-mart, I forgot about that!
-Nabisco brand rather than Mr. Christy (yes, Oreos etc. are made by somebody else here, so wierd)
-Gas is much cheaper!
-Paper Towel in Washrooms rather than blow dryers

1 comment:

  1. Great List! If you could get some things from the USA that you really miss, what would they be? (hypothetically speaking) perhaps things that would fit into a small box to be sent to you guys sometime around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.