Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Countdown

After a year of looking at houses and finding nothing, it seemed that the Lord was leading us build a house instead. Build?! I protested! That's too much time, too much energy, too much trust, too many decisions for my undecisive brain...yet after months of working in my heart I'm realizing this is the very stretching that the Lord knows I need to trust Him more.

Yesterday we went and signed the papers for the land and gave them the big check...gulp! Tomorrow the deal will be finalized and it will be officially "ours"! I use quotations because I'm realizing more and more how it is only entrusted to us, but really belongs to the Lord! When we met with the lawyer yesterday, she showed us a map with the property and how in her title search and research she discovered that the city never intended for that piece to be sold seperately from the rest. However, because a road goes through, a clause was made in 1990 that accidently allowed it to be seperated and sold. We feel that even when we were 2 and 4 years old, the Lord was preparing a special place for us!

Tomorrow after we get the official word, we plan to make snow angels on the land to celebrate!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.