The past few weeks have been a bit of a struggle for me in a lot of different ways. However one message has been repeated from several different places and people that has opened my eyes and heart in a new way.
In summary...
"It is very easy to mistake our love for ministry with our love for God."
This is a deeply troubling thought, but a very true and necessary one. It's so easy to get caught up in "ministry" things and feel that by increasing those things, I am closer to the Lord. Yet, this is not necessarily true. The last few weeks have brought a whole new passion to know the Lord deeper when I changed my focus. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" (1John 3:1a)
How amazing that our Father would want to lavishly display His love to us, in the greatest way in the cleansing sacrifice of Jesus, but yet it doesn't stop there! When I forget to look for those demonstrations of His love, I don't see them, yet His love remains...may you and I seek to only be satisfied in the lavish love of our great Saviour!

That is so true. And is easy to forget as missionaries! Thanks for the reminder!!!
ReplyDelete