Monday, February 7, 2011

TCE and an amazing God Story

 Last week we had the joy (and exhaustion) of teaching at the Teaching Children Effectively Course. Nine wonderful students got to have the 30 hour course all in one week! They worked diligently and went home telling us how excited they were about the new ideas and methods they learned.
 We even got to have "our daughter" Ashley in the class! The Lord has really gifted that wonderful girl with a love and compassion for others.
 Kayla made an adorable little "John" for her verse game.
Now for a story that only God could author: Travel back 3 years ago. Place: Iowa. I was doing my internship under Beth Lamb and she had Becca and I go with her to a college's missions fair that was across the state (I don't even remember what school it was!) We spent a couple days there with the booth and doing promo amidst the 50+ other booths spread throughout the school. Knowing that I was marrying a Canadian and moving to Ontario in a few months, we were excited when we met a couple of ladies that had a ministry in Ontario. I went to their seminar to see what they were about and heard about "Cross Trainers" in Bradford, ON. They were hoping to begin some children's ministry things in the near future. At the time I had no clue where Bradford was or even where David and I would be living. I took their business card and went on my way.

Two years later, I was going through some things and came across the business card. I emailed them, asking how the children's ministry outreach was going. I was put in touch with the children's ministry person- Laura. She and I emailed a bit and then summer happened...(that means that a lot of things get put to the back burner that aren't urgent.) While David and I were teaching at a camp we met a local pastor...long story short, 3+ hours from Laura, we met her dad! It sparked my memory to get back in touch with Laura and we eventually met for the first time last fall. She felt really alone in ministry and was very excited when she found out about CEF and the material, program and training that is offered...and other people that love kids.

What an amazing joy it was to have Laura be a part of the TCE class last week! She didn't know until she got there that I would be one of the instructors. We kept marveling at how God works in crazy, amazing ways! Keep Laura in your prayers that she'll be keep being encouraged and will have the volunteers that she needs to reach the children God has called her to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.