Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moving on to June

 Expressing my American patriotism for Memorial Day.
 We had expected to come home from our time away to finished drywall. However, we had to wait one more week until the guy was done. He did do a great job, though. Immediately after he left, we started painting. I had to take my pictures quickly before the mud look was covered.
 The rooms start to look like real rooms when the drywall is complete. We were able to finish painting by the end of the week (June 10). Thanks to Les our small group leader for helping us for a morning just days before leaving for Germany.
 From painting we moved to flooring! This is David at work on our kitchen tile. We just have to finish grouting it now.
 I have never grouted in my life. In fact, I have never seen anyone grout...until Saturday that is. I have now learned how to grout and did our bathroom. =]
Our bedroom is painted and has a floor. The problem with all the floors is that they're all filled with stuff- cupboards, saws, etc. I can't wait to see them clean and with living stuff, not construction stuff. 
So before we move in we David for sure needs to:
  • Install the kitchen cupboards & adapt them to our kitchen layout
  • Install the vanity & bathroom
  • Put up railings (for occupancy permit)
  • Hang light fixtures (Vaughan said he would!!!)
  • GET A WELL
  • Hang doors in the rooms
  • cover the electric cable ditch with concrete
  • whatever else the inspector says
 We're planning to move in by the end of July now...that will leave until August 30 to:
  • Finish the siding
  • Do the trim
  • Lots & Lots of other things that I'm sure will come up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.