Tuesday, June 21, 2011

International Conference

 We were so blessed to be able to attend CEF's International Conference May 16-20 at Ridegcrest Conference Center near Asheville, North Carolina. It was so neat meeting with people from Nigeria on the elevator, praying with people from around the world and being encouraged from God's Word.
 Every mealtime we tried to sit with "old friends". One meal some of the people from David's CMI class got together. After 4 years it was so neat to reconnect with people from Oregon, Iowa, Michigan, Chicago, Alabama...
 This is me with my two favorite District Directors...Beth from Iowa who I interned under for 6 months and Karen from Wisconsin who led the CYIA training I attended for several years. (Neither of them were district directors then...but others have now seen the gems these ladies are that. I was so blessed to be mentored by them!)
And Chelsey...the dear girl that was one of my teammates to Burkina Faso, Africa (5 years ago?!!). Chelsey's dream was to go to Burkina as a full time missionary and after years of waiting and preparing she is getting close to see that happen. She heads to language school in Senegal this fall...her last step before FINALLY getting to Burkina Faso! I am SOOOO excited for her and so encouraged by her perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.