Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ELECTRICITY

After months of running off of a generator and all the annoyances and expenses that brings, we were thrilled to finally get hooked up to Ontario Hydro....yahoo for electricity! I never thought that I'd have my very own power pole. Isn't that cool?



I had to make a record of our meter reading 000000 as it will never happen again! After David plugged in the first set of lights I ran out to see if it had changed...no. After he used some power tools I ran out to look...nope. "Maybe it's free, I thought!" Eventually the numbers did change, but we don't mind. 14 cents a Kilowatt hour is way cheaper than $30+ a day of gas for a generator! 

Isn't it amazing that with electricity you only have to pay for what you use rather than running a generator just for a few tools. Isn't it exciting that you can use a crockpot and power tools and lights because it won't trip the generator?! It's like a whole new world has been opened to us! We certainly live in a blessed nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.