Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fun with Food

I recently discovered that my camera has a really neat feature for taking pictures of food. I will dedicate this blog to random food pictures I have from the past few weeks.
 I was drafted to help with my sister-in-law's shower a few weeks ago and thought it would be a good chance to try out the cake decorating kit that my amazing sister gave me for my birthday/Christmas. Since it would have been a long commute for her to show me how to use them, I had to try them out.

 David enjoyed being the guinea pig and having the freedom to eat as many as he wanted.
It took me a long time but I had a lot of fun playing around. The ones for the shower turned out too. I didn't get any pictures of them though.
 Moving on we arrive at snack sample pictures for the Treasure Seekers theme. Can you tell what this is supposed to be? (A treasure chest.)
 Have you ever had a "sandy banana"? Simply dip a banana in Jell-o powder. It sounds strange, but somehow tasted sandy...but a good kind of sandy taste. 
 That night while washing potatoes for me to make mashed potatoes, David discovered a heart shaped potato. Isn't that sweet? At least it was until it got all mashed to bits.
This is the masterpiece of them all...the Valentine's dinner that David made for me: lobster tail with garlic butter, twice basked potato, shrimp appetizers and sugar snap peas! I sure am spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.