Most people would hear this statement and think about it, imagine it for a few seconds and then forget about it. Not my creative husband. Instead he began to ponder..."could I make a 13 foot ball?" I'll admit I was rather doubtful when he decided to try it with just house wrap and tuck tape. He modeled it after a baseball and got our friend Dwane to come over for two days and they worked away to cut and tape and form a giant ball. I remember talking to my mom while they were working on it and telling her what they were up to. "Do you think it will work?" she asked me."I don't know, but somehow David always figures out a way to make his inventions work," I told her.
The time came that they could finally try it out. They started out in the basement just to see if the air would hold. They were like two little boys grinning from ear to ear as they watched the thing inflate with the shopvac. It reached the 8 ft. ceiling, so they decided to take it outside.
I had no idea how big 13 feet around actually is!!
David made it because he wanted to use it as an object lesson at March Break Camp to share how great our Creator God is, the same God that wants to be our Heavenly Father.David is holding a golf ball in his hand to compare how big our earth is next to the sun. During Senior Camp we were able to let the kids actually go inside the ball. It is a pretty amazing experience. What a marvelous God we have!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.