These pictures are from a few weeks ago, as things aren't quite as green but they are still producing some sugar snap peas and yellow beans. Not in full force like before, however. I was looking up sugar snap pea recipes online every other night to figure out what to do with them all. It's been amazing!
An acorn squash that looked so beautiful then, but has since rotted. =[ There's still a few smaller ones I'm holding out hope for.
I've never grown broccoli or even seen broccoli grown until this summer. I bought one set of 4 plants for $1.29 and have certainly gotten my moneys worth.The picture doesn't show just how big the broccoli head was...the biggest one that I've ever seen. It was nearly a foot across the top! Lots of yummy Broccoli Sunshine Salad out of that one! We still have some heads waiting in the garden.
All the cherry tomato plants have been turning now. Personally garden tomatoes are the taste of summer. The broccoli, beans, peas, peppers all taste like the grocery store kind...but not the tomatoes!
This picture is from Labour Day weekend when it was hot, warm and sunny (unlike this week). We went to the Port Sydney falls for a couple hours to read and enjoy the sunshine. Lots of people were going down the falls that day, but we didn't. David made us come back and work on the house. Isn't he cruel? =]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.