Sunday, September 23, 2012

Plowing Match 2012

 The International Plowing Match and Rural Expo is an event held every year but in a different place. 100 acres of a farmer's field is turned into the tented city. This year it was held near Kitchener (3 1/2 hours south/west of us). We were just a couple of the workers as it takes around 15 people to run the booth each day.
 The crowds weren't as big as some years, partly due to the rain it seemed. I was so excited to have my pink rubber boots...my new standard fair wear.
 It rained most of Tuesday and Thursday and threatened to on Saturday.
 This year CEF Ontario's booth featured a walk through the story of "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" with the gospel shared in it. Over 650 people came through between Tuesday and Saturday and at least one girl gave her life to the Lord!
 Reepicheep the mouse and I saying hello. I don't even remember who was inside the time. I was only wearing 5 layers at the moment. Most of the time I was wearing 7-8 layers.
 Reepicheep the mouse and Eustace the Dragon said hello and invited kids to come through and hear the story.
 I hung out with the face painters nearly the whole week. I painted the cherries on Belle's face. =]
 David got to hang out in front nearly all week and invite people to come through and explain what it was. He also talked to the fish puppets all week. He now knows 40 new fish jokes by heart.
 Half man, half dragon taking a break.
 This was the first Plowing Match that we actually saw them plowing. This was the steam tractor giving a demonstration.
 Saturday was David's birthday so we got to enjoy poutine, his favourite fair food.
Poutine (fries, gravy and cheese) that came in a special little bucket. 

After an exhausting week, we are very, very, very happy to be home! Only one more fair to go at Elmvale before we're finished with fall fairs for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.