When you're asked if you'd consider going to Florida for a training in January you feel very privileged. CEF Ontario sent us for training on Volunteerism with an organization called Newell & Associates. Al & Wendy Newell have worked with many different organizations like Compassion, Samaritan's Purse, The Billy Graham Association, Union Gospel Mission, on and on the list goes. They try to help organizations to have a Biblical view on volunteers so that we can all work together to see God's kingdom grow.

The mission of sharing Jesus with the children of Ontario is not something that 15 staff can do. We've always struggled with seeing how huge the province is and how there's no way that we can have sustainable ministry happening in so many different places. The vision was cast for developing Area Teams in each school district, people passionate about reaching the children of their own area. With 5-6 people coordinating Prayer, Club ministry, Summer ministry, Teacher Training, Church Relations & Advocacy, a team can work together to reach the children. There is huge potential for an explosion of ministry as these key leaders get involved in the ways that they feel most passionate and gifted and spur others on to get involved.
I was privileged to be enabled to take part in the 3 day course on Volunteer Ministry Development with 5 others from CEF Ontario (31 students total). It was incredibly beneficial for David and I to be able to get on the same page regarding all of this process and the heart behind it. He took the course 2 years ago, shortly after Nathan was born so I was kind of left in the dark. The following week David took the Level 2 course for 3 days.
What an amazing blessing to be "stuck" in Florida for the 4 days in between the course too. =] God blessed us in ways beyond our imagination even!! One of the biggest ways was that someone who was connected to the course works at Disney World and so was able to bring us for free! We had not planned to go at all as it's not in price range and we figured the boys wouldn't remember it. Nathan loved it and is still talking about "riding Dumbo the elephant and spinning tea cups".
I'll never stop being teased by my dad that I cried when I saw Mickey Mouse when I was 1.5 years old. Here's proof dad that I didn't cry this time. =] Nathan probably would have cried if I made him stand alone next to Mickey but instead he watched with awe and suspicion.
 |
| Riding Dumbo the Flying Elephant |
 |
| Riding the Spinning Tea Cups |
We had decided our Christmas gifts this year would be to go to Sea World for the day. Seeing the shows I was nearly moved to tears seeing the beautiful animals that God has made!
 |
| My childhood dream of seeing the Killer Whale show came true and my kids were with me! |
 |
| Nathan got to ride a train at Sea World |
 |
| We got to ride the whales! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.