Friday, May 13, 2016

Putting it all together

The boys are asleep (or at least quiet in their rooms) and it's my chance, those two precious hours I have to work on things. I do a few necessary things and then I try to hunker down at my computer to work on "it". The beast of a thing that is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time...the Summer Program (or Summer Programme if I want to be truly Canadian.) It's bringing together all the creativity, the planning and writing and erasing and re-working of it all. The parts from the team members in BC, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec that work together.
This year's theme is a Space Theme, "Intergalactic Voyage" Discovering God's Greatness.
Everything on my brain these days has to do with space themes.
The four Beginning Games, Rules, Opening, Prayer, Skit, Song, Memory Verse, Song, Bible Lesson & Invitation, Song, Prayer & Snack time, Discovery Station (sharing about God), Small Group Time, Song, Missionary Story (Amy Carmichael - new this year!!), Review Game and Closing. The entire program for 5 days. It's so thrilling to think and pray about the 3,000-4,000 kids potentially that will hear the Gospel and come to know Christ and to grow in Him through all this! They have been on my heart continually since I joined in on the project in March. It's neat to feel a part of something bigger than just me and the boys and our daily routine of play and mess. I'm very grateful that my deadline was pushed back a couple weeks so that I no longer have to completely lock myself away from the world until it's completed...just a few hours a day at a time. However, it's finally nearly done! I can actually count on my fingers the number of things I need to finish so that it can be sent on for the final look over and passed on to those chomping at the bit to get started practicing for their demos for Summer Training. Pretty soon I can start to connect with friends again and do all those "it can wait until this over" things.

One of my favourite things so far has been teaching the Bible memory verse to Nathan. This year we're using Psalm 33:4-9 with motions. He has loved learning the first 1.5 verses with the motions and keeps asking to do it "Again?" Psalm 33:4-5a "For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does. He loves whatever is just and good;" What a challenge to me of the excitement of learning about the Lord and learning His word! It's so much more fun with kids.


  • Please be praying for the Lord to work in the hearts of hostesses and churches as they set-up their clubs for the summer.
  • Please pray for God to call out the children that should attend and they will be ready to hear from Him.
  • Please pray for the young people  of God's choosing to come forward and to be ready to share the message of Christ with the children throughout Ontario.

 One of our volunteers at Slingshot Saturday attended a 5-Day Club in Ottawa where she was visiting her Grandmother around 50 years ago. She came to know Christ and has been living for Him fully ever since, even though none of the rest of her family was saved. God can do amazing things through Summer Ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.