Friday, February 5, 2010

Canadian Transitions

Before ever coming to visit David in Ontario I heard about this "great Canadian restaurant" called Swiss Chalet. I imagined a cute Chalet looking building that served things with Swiss cheese. Eventually after arriving in Ontario my mental picture was corrected with reality. Not only did it not look like a chalet, I was informed that their specialty was chicken! The first few times we went to Swiss Chalet and I had their chicken with their "famous sauce" I did NOT like it! It was not the taste I was expecting!

So now, after a half dozen Swiss Chalet experiences and trying dipping sauce that you can buy and make at home...I realized this week that I really like Swiss Chalet sauce! I feel like I can now claim to be part Canadian.

1 comment:

  1. I would have thougth that something called the Swill Chalet would be like you pictured...it sounds like you are becoming more and more Canadian! good for you! love seeing the pics of your family and your lives! thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.