This course spans 4 weekends: Oct 29-30, Nov 5-6, Nov 12-13, Nov 19-20. There are 8-10 students enrolled. Please pray for the students to have the time necessary to put into the course and the homework and practice that goes along with it. The whole goal is to see children come to know the Saviour but it can be easy to lose sight of the importance of that in the midst of a busy life. I get to join in on teaching for two weekends...but because of other things to be done, I can't go this weekend...so in a few hours David will be heading off on his own. I better go pack his
Friday, October 29, 2010
First Day of School
Today is the big day! I feel like I'm sending my boy off to school for the first time, and in a way I am. David heads down to Toronto for the weekend to teach "TCE"- Teaching Children Effectively Level 1. It's a 30 hour course that is really solid in helping children's ministry workers see the need to evangelize along with the tools and practice to actually do it. It's quite the process to be able to teach it and David is working through the final step of it-- having his lesson plans and classes evaluated. I'm very thankful to be past that stage and now just get to sympathize with him and pray for him.
This course spans 4 weekends: Oct 29-30, Nov 5-6, Nov 12-13, Nov 19-20. There are 8-10 students enrolled. Please pray for the students to have the time necessary to put into the course and the homework and practice that goes along with it. The whole goal is to see children come to know the Saviour but it can be easy to lose sight of the importance of that in the midst of a busy life. I get to join in on teaching for two weekends...but because of other things to be done, I can't go this weekend...so in a few hours David will be heading off on his own. I better go pack hisbackpack suitcase.
This course spans 4 weekends: Oct 29-30, Nov 5-6, Nov 12-13, Nov 19-20. There are 8-10 students enrolled. Please pray for the students to have the time necessary to put into the course and the homework and practice that goes along with it. The whole goal is to see children come to know the Saviour but it can be easy to lose sight of the importance of that in the midst of a busy life. I get to join in on teaching for two weekends...but because of other things to be done, I can't go this weekend...so in a few hours David will be heading off on his own. I better go pack his
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.