Sadly summer seems to be coming to an official close for us, now that we've finished our final week of camp and "summer ministry" as of yesterday. David's trying to convince me that it'll be easier to see fall come now that we can watch the leaves change from our windows...I'm still not convinced. The summer seems to go by so fast and we never really have time to stop and enjoy it in the midst of ministry crazies. I'm wishing we'd get some of the 90* F Minnesota weather sent our way to make it feel like summer a while longer.
So besides the sadness of summer leaving, a lot of wonderful things happened this past week.
 |
| A camper's view on life at Monarch Bible Camp. |
Going into the week at Camp Kwasind I really didn't want to go. It's always a rough group of kids from inner city Toronto (Jane & Finch) and all my insecurities get brought out to the extreme. I was feeling ready to be done, a little jealous of all our co-workers that were taking vacation and not a lot of love for the kids. I had been asking God to change my heart but it still hadn't happened. Then, during the third day, David and I retreated to our car pray (since we didn't have a cabin). After being honest with God, it was amazing how he changed my heart over the next few days. When we left camp and were driving home, David laughed as I began saying how much I would miss the kids...only a few days after saying the exact opposite.
 |
| Kids enjoying the canoe one last time before going home. |
One girl in particular is heavy on our hearts, as she goes home to a mom that is dying of cancer. She and I went canoeing one day and she told me how they hope her mom will make it to Halloween. Please pray that her mom will give her life to Jesus before she meets Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.