Friday, September 23, 2011

Prayer Card Photo Shoot

 One of the interesting things about being a missionary is the necessity of having a prayer card to give to people to help them remember to pray for us and the children, along with being able to get in touch with us or with CEF...which requires correct information. Since the CEF Ontario office moved last year and we moved this year, we knew that David's dreaded event awaited us...the prayer card photo shoot. I use to take pictures for fun with my friends when I was little, David did all he could to avoid a camera (and still does). I do admit there is something a little unnerving about knowing you're going to give this picture to a few hundred people to look at for the next few years.

So, since we're cheap and his sister Melissa has a good eye for photography and is willing to oblige us I asked her to help us out a couple weekends ago when we were visiting. She did a great job considering who she was working with and the weather.

 We were having trouble keeping our eyes open. I will spare you the 30 pictures where we alternated who closed their eyes because of the wind.
 We walked around a park by their condo which is by Lake Ontario trying a few different spots. We had a friend Daffy the sick duck that also wanted to join our pictures. We were rather disturbed to see his tongue stuck out of his mouth...maybe he licked a flag pole?!
 David likes to get in his thoughtful, pondering look.
 Another result of the wind blowing was the my hair would NOT stay in it's spot.
 Then the light wasn't bright enough...
And we saw a squirrel friend. (I still think black squirrels look strange after growing up in a solely gray squirreled world.)

However, in the end we did find a nice picture that worked and once we get the lettering finalized, we'll be mailing them out to you all to put on your fridge.. so I'll hold you in suspense until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.